The Tour//OPEN

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Tour//OPEN

Post by Yumi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

A girl stepped out of the plane. She had long black hair and she looked confused. She looked down and noticed that her legs was pale, almost white. Then she reached for the mirror in her bag and gazed into it and there was nothing there.
"What's going on!?" she screamed.
Carian just looked at her like it was nothing new.
Without waiting for Carian's answer she registered what the elf had told her.
" A WHAAT?! How can that happen? I'm human! " The girl yelled again.
The girl glared at Carian like she hated her already.
" I'm Yumi, Yumi-San. Will I be like this forever? "
Carian just looked at her, she had nothing to say, everyone looked worried.
" Well, will I? " Yumi cried.

Oops, I deleted the first post. Ah well, I'm sure you all get the picture. Carian's angry at the Pilot, she tells you that your a mythical creature, blah blah blah

Last edited by Carian on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:50 am; edited 5 times in total
Yumi

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tour//OPEN

Post by Carian on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:09 am

"Actually most of us can do magic." she said to Liianna. "You just have to apply yourself to it." she said. Then thought about what a great idea it would be if they had classes. Flying class, archery, magic, battle...wow. So many things to teach and to learn!
"Well. I guess I just have to teach you all things. Then maybe when more people come, we can have some sort of event, or race or something. I don't know, any ideas?" she said, looking around at all of the faces.
Carian
Admin

http://mythworld.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 am

Luke thought for a second, then spoke up.
"I don't think a race would be fair - because of all the different mythological creatures here, we each have unique abilities, so as an elf, you could be faster, or I could shapeshift into a cheetah..... But I think the classes would be a really good idea. When I get to know about shpaeshifting a bit better myself, I'll teach any more we get. We need as many trained people as we can to get rid of the Pilot."
Luke remembered the smell of the guy that had got off the plane and run in the direction of the cliffs.
"Hey, do you know what that guy is? I swear, I smelt goat or something......"
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:48 am

"Yeah, I guess. Hey that'd be good if you were a teacher, or some kind of mentor. I think I'll have to teach you how to control your shapeshifting. I've read that shapeshifters sometimes shift with their emotions. That could be dangerous...But I could you some lessons on meditation and things..." she prattled on. Then hestitated when Luke asked about the boy who'd run away when they're backs were turned.
"Um. I have no idea." she said, though she knew exactly what he was.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:57 am

Luke could tell that Carian was lying - his senstive hearing heard her heart beat faster, something that always happened when someone lied. But he didn't say anything about it. It was best that he had some secrets for shapeshifters only. He was sure the same went for the elves, and any other mythological creature.
"Yeah, that could be.... luckily, I already kinda have a handle on my emotions. Just as long as none of the animals I turn into come through too much, I should be fine....."

Luke made his mind up to track down the goat-smelling boy later, and find out what he was. If he hadn't gone over to the bad side, then Luke would try to make friends with him. If he had gone over to the bad side, then Luke would get out off there. He wasn't going to kill anyone yet.... unless it was the Pilot.
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liianna on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Liianna watched as a guy walked up and started talking to Carian. They were talking about training and races and such. "We could have heats and stuff like that when we have enough people here, and then we could have the winners of the heats compete" Liianna suggested quietly. She liked the idea of races,she had been in track and cross country, she loved running in general, but she enjoyed racing the most. Liianna looked around at her surroundings lost in her thoughts.

(my muse has died )
Liianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceana on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:44 pm

Ceana decided that it was time to step out. The idea of a race seemed nice but as the shapeshifter named Luke had mentioned, it would be a bit unfair. Ceana knew that with her heightened senses, she would be able to pick the most efficient method of moving. She stepped out from behind her tree and glared at the group. She paused for a bit before speaking.

"He," Ceana was pointing at the shapeshifter, "has the best point. We have too few of people to divide up into equal heats so what we have right now would be unequal. Not trying to rain on your parade but I think it would be best if we didn't speak about this until more people have arrived."

Ceana then noticed that the fairy and the shapeshifter were lost in thought. Ceana glanced nervously at the two before deciding to shrug it off. It wasn't as if she was going to start talking to them; she was much too closed off to do that.

Ceana
Apprentice Healer

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

Carian smiled at the elf. She had the makings of a good elvin leader.
"True. But we still need lessons. I'll set them up as soon as possible. But, um. It might be a little hard since I'm the only teacher. Each one of you," she said in her most teacher-like voice, while staring at Luke. "Each one of you, have to take at least one lesson, if you're really bad then you might have extra lessons with just me. But if you think you're good and want to stop having lessons, then come tell me. Then I'll decide, based on what I've seen." she said.
She cupped her hands, whispered a spell (that she made of course) and blew. Yellow sparkling dust flew out and made a massive banner like thing, hovering in the air that said, "WELCOME," after a few minutes it evaporated back into yellow dust, and flew away with the wind.
"Your official welcome," she smiled.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:00 am

Luke jumped a little as the other elf appeared and spoke. His senses were still developing. It would take a couple more days until his body had completed the change into shapeshifter. It was, after all, a big change, been able to change into anything.

"Woah. Thats cool." Luke said, as Carian made the banner. "Hmm.. wonder if I have magic... I guess I have a little, which is how I'm able to shapeshift.... but I think thats probably it..."
He trailed off, lost in thought for a moment.
"Ok, um... do we have sword fighting lessons? I'm guessing we don't have modern technology like guns here."
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 am

"Well, Luke. We could have modern technology. Do you know how to make guns? How about computers? Televisions maybe? Tell me, have you ever read a story about a shapeshifter playing virtual reality games? No. We stick to simple things that are easy to make and get the job done." she said, sounding very much like her cheap-skate dad.
"As for magic. You most likely do have magic, but only little things that are similar to your shapeshifting abilities. For example, fairies and elves can do pretty much all magic. So long as they have the patience to learn. Shapeshifters would be able to do tracking spells and spells that cover their tracks. But they can't speak in animal form so you'd most likely have to shift back to human to do those. Satyrs and fauns can only do nature and woodland magic. Vampires have next to no magic, dryads can only do earth spells and charms...and so on." she said, feeling very much like a teacher.
"I made my own spells up, and you have to really. You'll get some that won't do anything of course. If you say a made-up word, it most likely won't be a spell. But if you feel it's right, and if you think hard enough about the spelling and pronounciation. You'll get a spell."
Waaaayy too much talking, she thought.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 am

I can't talk while I'm in animal form?! Luke thought. He might understand the language of animals, but it was complicated. It was about body language, as well as the noise. Or thats what he thought. He hadn't met any animals yet.
Hmmm.. if I work on this magic thing, I might... just might... be able to do something about that...
He imagined shapeshifting into an animal, but making his vocal cords stay the same, so he could still talk human. He'd try that later.

"Ok, ok, sorry. I didn't mean it like that. And I'm ok with my hands, but I doubt I could do that kinda thing." He remembered work experience, when he went to where his dad worked. He had had to take apart a Sky box, a small simple object, and the amount of technology, all the circuit boards crammed in there, just to make it work, was amazing.
"But...." He trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. It was a nervous habit. Should he say? Well, why not? "I can't make guns and stuff. But I can do bombs, and other explosives. But I guess thats kinda useless, cos you've got your magic for that kinda thing."

Luke didn't say it in a spiteful way. He was just stating the facts. He had no doubt that one of the elves or faires had a spell that would make things go BOOM.
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:30 pm

((Haha Tyson flashback! PJO XD))

Carian fought back a grin. She liked making people feel embarressed or nervous. It was funny. But her smile slipped when he mentioned bombs. When she was turned into an elf, the nature loving side of her was more pronounced.
"Bombs?" she said angrily, "You have any idea how much damage they do? Some of them might blow the whole island up! Most would just take massive chunks out of the island, but that's fine right? Do you know how much pollution and death follow them? This island is protected from pollution! And I want no death but his!" she jabbed a finger towards the Pilot that was readying the plane.
"I want no explosives on this island!" she told everyone present, staring at each face with equal ferocity. "None! Anyone caught littering, killing, anything that harms our beautiful nature haven will be punished. Severely! Do I make myself clear?" she said, her hair looking like it would catch fire it was so red. Forget teacher-mode. This was....ranger police mode.
She knew Luke meant no harm but still. He should be more sensitive towards the animals.
"You should be more sensitive to animals! Considering you are one half of the time!" she said to him, staright away wishing she hadn't. Was she trying to drive people away? Did she like making enemies. But of course Carian being Carian, she was too stubborn to apologize.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

Luke was instantly on the defence as Carian started shouting at him.
"I know!" He shouted back. "Why so you think I wanted to keep quiet about it?!"
He felt something he hadn't really felt since he arrives on the island - anger. As he got angry, the animals in him came out a little. He felt his teeth turn to fangs, his nails turn to claws, and his muscles grow, so that he could do more damage. The anger he felt scared him.

He turned and ran away, into the woods (on all fours of course), to stop himself hurting anyone. He needed to gain a little more control over himself. And he needed time alone, to figure out who he was. He had definitely changed. Been part animal was weird...
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Liianna on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Liianna was off in her own little world when Carian and the guy-she still didn’t know his name started arguing, it irritated her but she just let them argue, they would work it out. When they began to yell at each other Liianna tried to intervene, “Hey! Would you guys stop arguing? Do you want this to turn into Lord of the Flies?” She said, projecting her voice so that they would hear her over themselves. Her hair was jet black, proving just how irritated she was; Liianna hated it when people argued, it got on her nerves. It was then that Liianna realized that she wasn’t feeling the ground under her feet, she looked down. Sure enough, she was hovering a few inches off the ground, it distracted her, but she looked up in time to see the guy changing into some sort of animal and running away. Liianna sighed, “How many have gone over to the dark side?” She asked Carian, nodding her head towards the left side.
Liianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:47 am

"Ugh!" Carian grunted in annoyance. She was such a rubbish leader. Why can't I just be nice to people... she thought, angry at herself.
"One. Yumi. She'll be back. Luke only ran away because he's scared to hurt anyone. He's not bad." she told the fairy, Liianna. Practically willing it all to be true.
"Wait Luke!" she shouted, swallowing her pride. "I'm sorry!" she shouted, knowing it would do no good.

((Museless, sorry.))
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liianna on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 pm

"One. Yumi. She'll be back. Luke only ran away because he's scared to hurt anyone. He's not bad." Carian said, answering Liianna's question. "Wait Luke! I'm sorry!" Carian shouted after the guy who had ran away, it sounded hard for her to apologize. So there are two elves, one is named Carian, she is the leader of the island, there is a shapeshifter, who is apparently named Luke, there is a girl named Yumi who went over to the dark side, and guy who dissapeared and who smelled like a goat, Liianna thought to herself. She didn't know what Yumi was or what the other guy was, but having read numerous fantasy and fiction books she suspected that he was a satyr. "How long have you been on the island?" Lianna asked Carian politley. She was shorter than the elf girl by about half an inch, which ment that she was probably the shortest person on the island, great, just great, Liianna thought to herself, once again she was probably going to be dubbed the short defensive Canadian. Maybe magic will make up for those few inches, she thought as she hovered a few inches in the air.

((museless asgain))
Liianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm

"A few years. I've lost count. I...I don't even know how old I really I would be if....if I hadn't...if I wasn't on this island." she said, her voice cracking near the end as she thought once again about all the things she'd miss out on. College, aging, driving, drinking, having a family of her own, growing up and looking like an adult, having a job....countless, endless things that one man had cruelly taken away from her. Endless Childhood. To never be loved...who would love a twelve year old? It'd just look wrong.
"The Pilot hasn't brought anyone to the island in a while. I guess he knew about all the others killing eachother. He probably knew I was alive and wanted to kill him. I suppose he thought it was safe to bring another batch of victims." she finished bitterly, glaring at the Pilot who was getting ready to take off.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm

((Double posting, but I don't care.))
"Stand back everyone." she warned as the engines of the plane started rumbling. As was custom she threw a rock at the plane then spat at it.
She glared at the plane as it took off, and promised herself that she'd find out one day why exactly the Pilot was bringing people to the island.
"Right. Off you go then," she said, which might have been throwing them to the sharks but frankly, she couldn't care less at the moment.
"Just don't go to the dark side of the island, alright?" she said.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2