Finding Luke ((Luke/Open))

Go down

Finding Luke ((Luke/Open))

Post by Carian on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Carian sat on a stone and looked about nervously. Her hair was black today, the colour of fear.

"Eskiplonorm" she muttered. A spell of temporary invincibility, but a spell she would teach no one else. It was far too dangerous. Especially here.

Here in the rainforest, there was no good or bad side. Most people kept to the right or left out of habit, but Shadow Demons had no such ideals.
Shadow Demons tried to entice people over to the bad side. But only if they had true potential. If you didn't have enough evil inside you, then that was bad. Shadows were deadly here in Mythworld.

The only reason Carian was here today was because of Luke. He'd run away like Yumi had before him, but Carian could see he was good. Try as he might, he wouldn't be able to be evil.

"Luke?" she called softly, standing up. Carian had heard leaves rustling.

Last edited by Carian on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops! I met to say invincibility, not invisibility XD)
Carian
Admin

http://mythworld.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding Luke ((Luke/Open))

Post by Luke on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Luke had run away from the beach, from anger at what had been said, and at fear of what he was becoming. For the past couple of days, he had been living in the rainforest, shifting shapes until it came naturally. And when he got hungry, he hunted. Yes, it was weird killing and eating an animal he could turn into, but he could also turn into a predator, so when Luke shifted into one, he focused on that.

It was a weird place, out here in the rainforest. He felt at home, but not at home. So far, he had already been attacked a few times, by demons almost as dark as the forest itself. Even with his night vision, it was difficult for Luke to see. He had a few scars from the attacks, but he was still alive. The demons had either left him alone after having their fun, or been killed by Luke.

Luke didn't like killing, but at times like that, when it was life or death, the survival of the fittest instinct, the most basic one, kicked in. And it had helped him survive this long.

Right now, he was in panther form, going through the forest. His dark black coat helped him blend in perfectly with the background, so he was invisible, in a sense.

As he was prowling, he smelled a scent on the air. It was a familiar smell, one that he had met on his first day. The reason he had run away.

Carian....

He made his way towards the scent. He couldn't see her, but he could smell her. Fir a moment, he was confused, but then it kicked into his mind.

Magic... she must be invisible...

It was smart thinking, but out here in the rainforest, where it was so dark, you had to rely on your other senses to survive.

Thinking Carian would probably prefer to talk to him in his regular form, he shifted back into a human.

"Carian." He said. He didn't say it in a harsh way, but nor did he say it in a friendly wa. It was more... detached.
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Carian whirled around. She'd heard something, and was hoping it was Luke. Suddenly, she heard a voice from behind her, Luke's voice.

"You need to go to your cabin. Unless you'd like to hang around with Yumi?" she said, all traces of fear gone from her face, which was now blank. The only way you could tell she was angry and scared was her stupid hair. It was so annoying! Her hair was bright red streaked with the occasional patch of black.

"The cabin is built and furnished, you can decorate it however you want. But if you want to stay here and be road-kill by tomorrow, that's fine by me. But you never actually saw the whole island yet. The Arena, Classes, etcetera, etcetera. But if you come back, you could make friends, explore, whatever." she said, in the same flat tone. Not friendly, or unfriendly more like Luke's own voice. Detached, flat, emotionless.
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:22 am

Luke notcied Carian's hair. It was the easiest way to tell her emotions, even though her face and voice betrayed none. Red was obviously anger, and black was possibly fear.

"I'm not hanging around with Yumi." He said, as he listened to what Carian was saying. A cabin? And he could decorate it however he liked? Well then... it was soon going to seem less like a cabin and more like a treehouse/nest/burrow/whatever other animal things are called.

"I'll go to my cabin. When I'm ready, when I want to. For now, I'm quite happy in the forest. I like it here, although its a bit dark in some places.....But I will come back, and explore the island, visit the classes and everything."

One thing becoming a shapeshifter was that he now had the thing he had always dreamed of - freedom. From anything and everything. He could do what he wanted, whenever he wanted. He didn't have to listen to anyone.

But he would. He knew that it must have taking Carian a while to build up the courage to come here looking for him. He respected her, and he would show her that sometime. But some part of him would always rebel against been told what to do. The part he couldn't control, the part he didn't need to. The animal part.

"Thanks for coming to look for me, Carian. But you need to leave. Obviously, you know how dangerous it is here. Its not safe for humans, or humanoids.... at least I can change shape to fit in here, and I have my instincts to help me. I'll leave here soon. But there's still a lot of exploring here to do."

And I'm still scared of myself... what if I lose control of my temper again? What if next time, I hurt someone? He thought, remembering his first day here, on the beach. He needed to understand himself better, understand what he was and how to fully control it, before he would go back and join everyone else. He wasn't safe otherwise. And he didn't want anyone to be in danger because of what he was.
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:49 pm

"Why not?" Carian said, completely contradicting herself, "Why won't you hang out with Yumi? She isn't bad y'know," she finished, knowingly. Smiling for real now.

Suddenly, the twelve year old in her came out. She wanted to stamp her foot. Why wouldn't he listen? He can't just turn up whenever he wanted to! She was his leader!

Then she realized what a spoilt brat she was being. Luckily, childishness wasn't an emotion, frustration was however, but it came under anger. Her hair simply changed to a different shade of red, barely noticeable.

"I needed to come look for you. I know well enough it's not safe out, thank you very much. It's you I'm worried about. I couldn't care less if you change shape, you're still new." she said, realizing how patronizing she sounded. "I'm sorry. I'm...tired today. Things have been happening. Bad things. But it's cool. See you when I see you, huh?" she smiled, then continued, "I know magic that can make me change shape too," Of course, it was a complete lie. She had magic, but she was no shapeshifter.

But no one else need know anything. Carian grinned to herself.

((Sorry for the bad post. I'm musless right now.))
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Luke sighed. There was no arguing with some people.

Carian did look tired though... And she was right. He was been an idiot. Still, the Yumi comment got to him. He didn't get angry, but he just felt like he should point something out.

"Not evil?" Your joking, right? I smelt death on her! And another scent, one I haven't smelt before.... in fact, a couple I haven't. What is she, Carian? What creature has Yumi become?"

Again, Luke heard Carian's heart speed up just a iny bit as she lied, a subconsciouss thing, but one he had found. But he said nothing. He wouldn't give away something that was something he had decided to be a shapeshifter secret. So he decided to play along. And even though Luke was pretending he didn't know Carian was lying, he didn't need to pretend that he knew using magic took up energy. Carian seemed to be falling asleep on her feet.

He swallowed his pride. He couldn't believe what he was about to do....

"Your knackered." He said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement. He took a deep breath, let it out and shifted... into a unicorn, pure white, with a golden horn. He had found a nifty new trick he could do now , something that seemed to develop in the shapeshifter, instead of happening straight away.

Using his mind, he sent his thoughts to Carian's.

Hop on then... I'll get you back to camp. You'll need to show me the way though. He sent. It was weird, but it was definitely useful. Luke had already tried to shift so he still had his vocal chords. It didn't work, and it was painful. But this thought sending thing didn't hurt at all.
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:57 pm

"No. I am not joking. Yumi has been...mislead, is all. No one is entirely evil. Hard to believe, but it's true. Even a serial killer has at least half an ounce of goodness in them. No matter how small." she said, wisely. Though she probably just sounded stupid to Luke.

"Yumi is a vampire, Luke," she said, resisting the urge to call him 'young Skywalker'.

"That's why she smells of death. Please, don't judge her. She has more good in her then you think."

But when a Unicorn stood in front of her, she had to swallow her gasp. She'd never seen one before, it was amazing. But she didn't like riding bare-back.

Muttering a spell, she thought of a perfect saddle and it appeared on Luke. He'd probably hate it though, so she made it go away.
"Sorry," she grinned and climbed on happily, her hair a temporary blonde. "That way," she pointed.

((Thread over?))
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:47 am

((yeah, thread over.... shall I make one at the campsite that carries on from this one?))
Luke
Shapeshifter Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carian on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:13 am

((Yeah okay. I'll lock this one, then delete it after a few weeks Smile ))
Carian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down